• Ensures personal appearance, personal hygiene and uniform appearance are at all times in accordance with the company policy.
• Should be knowledgeable about the wine list and able to discuss and suggest wines to guests who ask for advice. The knowledge of how to pair wine with food is imperative.
• Provides wine service to guests in the restaurants.
• Works in a station designated by the Head Sommelier and approved by the Restaurant Manager and follows the daily schedule.
• In addition to serving wine his/her duties include the re-stocking of the wine cellar on a daily basis.
• Applies salesmanship techniques in order to achieve maximum sales, which will result in higher personal compensation.
• Minimum of five years beverage-related experience (shipboard experience preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Excellent English communication skills.
• Completion of high school or basic equivalency preferred.
• Proof of completion of apprenticeship, hospitality or equivalency required.