• Fully responsible for the preparation of salads, appetizers, cold main courses, cold canapés, terrines, pates, cold trays, platters, cold soups, sauces and dressings in accordance to the main restaurant menu cycle and room-service, and by following recipes, methods and pictures.
• Responsible for any special cold food orders (room service, canapés, etc.).
• Responsible for storing of all cold foods up to USPH specifications.
• Supervise sandwich preparation on a daily basis for all the restaurants and room service according to company specifications.
• Responsible for amenities, fruits and cheeses boards (for lunch and dinner) in the main dining room.
• Check on sufficient mise en place for each meal period.
• Controls and provides daily food requisitions for the next day’s preparation according to food cost and the Executive Chef/Chef forecast.
• Ensures that the HACCP program is carried out correctly.
• 3-4 years relevant experience in a large hotel/resort operations or cruise ships.
• Very good oral and written communication in English.
• Completion of high school or basic equivalency preferred.
• Proof of completion of a cook apprenticeship or certificate in culinary training or
apprenticeship, hospitality or equivalency required.