- Responsible for the programming, safe operation, maintenance, repair, inspection and troubleshooting of all shipboard entertainment lighting systems, show control and haze/fog systems in the various entertainment venues
- Participates in the set up and break down, assembly and disassembly of effects lighting and related equipment for functions including, but not limited to, groups, charters, affinity, promotional, incentive, presentations, cruise staff events and activities and various theme night arrangements.
- Meets with Headliners, Guest Entertainers and groups to obtain all lighting-related requirements for upcoming rehearsals, shows or activities; and creates / updates the relevant showfiles accordingly.
- Ensures that all non-essential equipment is powered off when not in use
- All working spaces kept clean and organized in a professional manner, follow USPH guidelines and all venues are ready for boarding as per Stage Production Manager’s instructions.
- Conducts daily shipboard rounds to ensure all equipment racks receive the required HVAC airflow to maintain normal operating temperature and there is no water leakage.
- Coordinates with Stage Production Manager(s) and Head Sound and Light Technician to ensure that accurate and up-to-date records of lighting related equipment are kept. This includes, but is not limited to, inventory, maintenance, guarantee claimed items and any items landed for repair and expected to return to the ship
- Must understand and enforce all company policies.
- Bachelors or Associates in Technical Theater, Sound, Lights, A/V preferred.
- Background in stage, technical theatre and production (i.e. electrical, technical, light and sound) preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with hands-on programming and operation of live performance lighting, as well as regular maintenance and upkeep on conventional and intelligent lighting fixtures.