- Ensure all linen is free of garbage and sorted by color to prepare for prewash.
- Check for any tears or damage of all clothes from guests and crew before washing and report any bad condition to the Laundry Master
- Use proper weighted loads for washers and proper procedure for Ironing and Dry Cleaning
- Ensure the proper disposal of all dry-cleaning waste, sludge and lint.
- Inform the Laundry Master about any malfunction on finishing equipment or problems with safety mechanisms.
- Ensure proper use of chemicals and keep the work area safe, clean and neat.
- Check safety devises and report leaking valves, damaged insulation, air and water path.
- Attend department briefings and meetings to maintain own knowledge and awareness of company policies and initiatives.
- Ensure all shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Minimum 2 years previous relevant experience in similar position, preferably in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise line.
- Very good oral and written communication in English.
- Completion of high school or basic equivalency preferred.
- Proof of completion of apprenticeship, hospitality or equivalency required.