• Maintains the cleanliness of galley work areas and follows proper washing and sanitation of assigned work area, deck, and ceiling, walls, washing pots, pans, equipment, dishes, glasses and silverware. Utilizes proper USPH sanitation procedures at all times and practices careful handling of all Galley equipment so as to avoid damage through neglect or carelessness.
• Sweeps and clean galley deck, scuppers, walls and ceilings as required using the proper tools provided.
• Wash, rinse and sanitizes all Galley elevators on a daily basis, using minimal water.
• Pre wash food from dirty dishes and washes by hand or places in racks or on conveyor to
dishwashing machine, ensuring there is enough space between them for proper washing rinsing and sanitizing as machine is used.
• Wash, rinse and sanitize all dirty utensils, pots and pans, ensure stored correctly as clean and let air-dry
• Ensure correct use of company provided PPE (Personal Protecting Equipment), which includes; face mask and its filter, goggles, gloves and aprons, by following MSDS data sheet recommendation posted in your work area.
• Report any equipment failure as seen to your direct Supervisor; ensure all machinery parts are put back in place as cleaning process is completed.
• Segregates and removes waste from all Galley areas
• Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
• Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.