- Primary function is the maintenance of the machinery and technical equipment, as directed by the Chief Engineer.
- In general, they will keep the engine spaces safe, clean and tidy at all times.
- Participate in maintenance work, under supervision.
- Additional routines and work as assigned by Chief Engineer.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required on board.
- The Junior Engineman must hold the certificates required by the Flag State and he should have basic safety training before employment.
- Prior sailing experience in similar rank