- Responsible to take care of the daily food preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities
- Support the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef in the daily operation and work
- Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie
- Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set
- Control food stock and food cost in the section
- Check the daily mis-en-place and food production in assigned sections
- Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively take part in set up of buffets and special functions
- Trains and monitors entry level cooks for proper service. Provides on-the-job training to strengthen their current performance.
- Comply at all times with HACCP, onboard sanitation and hygiene standard.
- 3 years relevant experience in a large hotel/resort operations or cruise ships.
- Very good oral and written communication in English.
- Completion of high school or basic equivalency preferred.
- Proof of completion of a cook apprenticeship or certificate in culinary training or
apprenticeship, hospitality or equivalency required.