• Supervises and coordinates activities of a particular workstation engaged in preparing and cooking food products for various outlets per instruction of the direct supervisor onboard.
• Follows daily flowchart with regard to menus and any other food products that may be required from the station of responsibility. Follows and studies Company recipe cards and procedures. Use the production sheets and meal counts information to produce the correct amount of required food products.
• Supervises the assigned workstation functions. Assigns duties and responsibilities to employees. Fully responsible for organizing work schedule and controlling over time of assigned section, ensure Time and Attendance policy is followed by each member of his/her team.
• The CDP has to visit other food outlets and/or decks to check food products to ensure they are maintained and up to Company standards. Works closely with the Sous Chef and CDP’s in other outlets with regard to communication to ensure the level and quality.
• Trains and monitors entry level cooks and Chefs for proper service. Provides on-the-job training to strengthen their current performance and in preparation for possible advancement to promotional positions.
• Apply at all times HACCP and onboard sanitation, hygiene standard, complying with ship’s international itinerary. Acquire proficiency in regards to standard regulation about proper food storage, correct food preparation and safe food temperature
• Supervises cleaning the workstations during and after meal preparation. Enforces and follows onboard cleaning procedures for work surfaces, all related equipment and utensils.
• 4-5 years relevant experience in a large hotel/resort operations or cruise ships.
• Very good oral and written communication in English.
• Completion of high school or basic equivalency preferred.
• Proof of completion of a cook apprenticeship or certificate in culinary training or
apprenticeship, hospitality or equivalency required.