- Each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees.
- Ensures personal appearance, personal hygiene, properly cleaned uniform and wearing a nametag in accordance with the company policy.
- Greet guests by name, promote drink special, up- sell to premium brand and answer any question guest may have.
- Adheres to the drinking age policy, at all times.
- Must Know the bar menu well and is able to explain and suggest drinks to guests.
- Ensure that drinks are served in the proper glass with the proper garnish.
- Able to create decorative display with bottles and glasses and maintain proper inventory.
- While scheduled to work in English Pub, Golf bar or in sports bar, make an attempt to converse with guest.
- Ensure to follow up on the specific guidelines and sales target given by the Bar Manager.
- Able to work without immediate supervisor, promote team work and be able to provide on-job-training to bar server and bar utility.
- Attends weekly bar staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Ensure to follow up on USPH rules and regulations and maintain the standards at all times.
- Adheres to the Master’s rules and regulations at all times.
- Minimum of five years beverage-related experience (shipboard experience preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Completion of high school or basic equivalency preferred.
- Proof of completion of apprenticeship, hospitality or equivalency required.